SPRIng: Sustainability Assessment of Nuclear Power: An Integrated Approach
Research Project Details
Project Leader: Professor Adisa Azapagic
Project Duration: March 2008 - July 2011.
Funding Value: £2.1m.
Funding Source: EPSRC and ESRC.
- City University
- University of Southampton
- AMEC NNC
- AREVA NP
- British Energy
- British Nuclear Energy Society
- Centre for International Governance Innovation (Canada)
- Chatham House
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Health and Safety Executive
- Ministry of Defence
- Nexia Solutions
- The London Press Club
- University of Sheffield
- Vishwamitra Research Institute (VRI), University of Illinois (USA)
This consortium project has developed an integrated decision-support framework for assessing the sustainability of nuclear power relative to other energy options such as fossil fuels and renewables.